All of us long to have good health and it is the most important thought of anyone. We also have a dilemma as to – “should I eat this or that to keep me healthy?” and we finally end up taking a lot of health supplements and load up with junk in the body.
According to the Indian Ayurvedic System, there are 3 prime elements that administer the human body – Vata which controls the nervous system, Pitta controls the body’s metabolic activities and Kapha maintains the integrity of the body.
So, whatever supplement that we take in should rejuvenate these three elements. Triphala Churna is one such element that revitalizes these elements and restores them.
What is Triphala Churna?
As the name specifies, the mixture Triphala Churna is a blend of 3 or Tri – wonder herbs – Indian Gooseberry, Haritaki and Bibhitaki. These 3 ingredients are taken in a balanced quantity and grounded well to form a powder (churna).
This was first introduced in India & is sought after worldwide. The formula for this Churna was prepared by the medics some thousands of years ago. During the past days, it had many names like Susruta Samhita and Charaka Samhita. Let us have some details about these 3 wonder herbs;
It is well-known as Amla in India. Emblica Officinalis is the technical name of this fruit. This is considered as the main part of this herbal mixture. The benefits of this fruits are many:
- It is a good source of vitamin C, hence boosts the level of immunity in human body.
- It is the best antioxidant, and purifies the urinary system.
- Improves digestion in the body.
- It helps the body to absorb iron in the blood, thus increases the level of hemoglobin in the body.
- Gives a boost to the reproductive system and regulates the menstrual cycle.
- Strengthens – Eyes and Hair.
This is the 2nd ingredient. It also called as Harad and the Terminalia chebula is the scientific name. This also has many health benefits like Amla, they are:
- It strengthens the eye muscles and prevents glaucoma and cataract.
- Boosts up the immune system and helps cure the wounds faster.
- Improves memory.
- Cures any type of skin diseases.
- Helps stay fit and young.
The final and the most important ingredient in this mixture is Bibhitaki. It is also known as Baheda and Terminalia Bellirica is the scientific name. Like the other 2 ingredients, this herb is also a miracle herb with various benefits:
- It purifies the blood.
- Detoxifies the blood and removes excess fat from the body.
- Strengthens the roots of the hair and prevents grey hair.
- Protects bacterial and viral infections by improving the body’s immunity level.
Triphala Churna dosage – How to consume it?
You might be wondering about how to take triphala churna. Here is the key to your question – You can take 1 teaspoons of this powder every day. You should maintain a space of a minimum of 2 hours between your food time and taking the churna.
The powder will taste bitter, so you can always mix it with a teaspoon of honey and take it. If you take more than 3 times, it might lead to a diarrhea. This mixture can also be consumed in the form of tea. You have to boil a teaspoon of this churna in water and strain the water and drink. You can mix honey to this drink as well.
Triphala Churna Benefits
These herbs when they are separate, they have numerous benefits, but when these three are combined, the Triphala Churna benefits can act as magical power in a body. Here we list to you the most important ones among them.
- The best Laxative: The churna stimulates the movements of the bowel and stimulates the bowel movements. Anyone with digestive problem can have a teaspoon before going to sleep and have a stress free defecation. This can be taken in empty stomach in the morning also, but it should be taken in with more amount of water. When consumed in the morning, it provides all essential nutrients & vitamins to the whole digestive system, commencing from esophagus to anus.
- Detoxifier: The mixture helps cleanse all the toxins from the body. This also gives a glowing touch to the skin.
- Bids adieu to eye infections: Wash your eyes with Triphala Churna that is soaked overnight in water, in the morning. This should be the first thing that you do on a day. This will help your eyes stay out of any kind of infections.
- Improves Blood Circulation: This mixture will improve the circulation of blood in the body, which in turn will increase the capillary movements in the heart and strengthens the flavonoid. It also purifies the blood.
- Reduces storage of Fat: It aids in digesting the foods easily, so it does not let any fat to get accumulated in the body. Consequently it helps in weight loss.
- Cures Bronchitis and Jaundice in liver and lungs, with its blood purification properties.
- Fights against fevers: The antioxidant properties in Triphala churna will fight against any type of fevers, by boosting the level of immunity in the body.
- The antiviral properties of this churna can even fight against AIDS.
- Even sensitive people can use this Triphala churna as it is anti-allergic.
- Lessens inflammation: Churna can reduce any type of inflammation in the body, which is why it is said to have anti-cancer properties.